DIY: Glitter Backed Wedge Boots

Saturday, July 28, 2012

DIY glitter backed boot
DIY glitter backed boots - materials
DIY glitter backed boots - application how to
DIY glitter backed wedge boots - finished look

There are a lot of expensive versions of glitter backed boots out there...luckily, I found these great Steve Madden wedge (with fringe!) boots at a great price...prefect to add a little personal style! For glitter I used a medium glitter in gunmetal and a course glitter in black. To start, I masked off the section I wanted to glitter, brushed on Jewel It Glue and poured the glitter on top. After pressing the glitter down, I applied Mod Podge with a sponge brush. This acts as a sealer coat, keeping all the glittery goodness where it should be. Love the contrast of colors and materials on this boot!