DIY: painted and splatter denim

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

DIY painted denim - splatter paint jeans

DIY painted denim - splatter paint jeans

It's fun to bring old jeans to life again! These were a pair of medium wash jeans that I haven't been digging for a bit. The zipper detail at the bottom was the only reason I've been keeping them...but now it was time for an extreme makeover. Just like a lot of the denim I've seen out right now, I wanted to give these character with paint. I brushed on navy by the seams to add depth and darken them up. I also splattered and dabbed different shades of blue and metallic gold to create interest and a focal point. (Why not right?...splatter is killer right now...keep it coming!) I'll probably still add a little more navy and possibly black to make them a little darker. 
Pair of outdated denim, consider yourself rescued!