TRENDING: Bold Brows

Saturday, July 20, 2013

bold eyebrows
bold and thick eyebrow trend
original photos found here:  1  ///  2  ///  3  ///  4

Ladies, it's time...bold up your brows. If you're anywhere near my age, you've probably grown up over tweezing your brows and skinny was the trend. That was the thing to do in the late 90's and early 2000's...that was long long ago and let's break this habit. Honestly I haven't been paying too much attention to them, until now. They've kept their tweezed shape all these years and I just kinda forgot about them. BUT bold and thick is the way to go. I been seeing this look everywhere and have been dismissing it...afraid to change my ways. Honestly, (don't kill me) keeping them skinny and over tweezed is one of the biggest ways to look dated and um...er...well...old!

Where to start? I asked Thresa Venables, stylist at the salon Sheer Professionals for great brow tips (she rocks!) It's pretty simple. Grab an angled brush and a neutral eyeshadow. I've just been using a pressed powder shadow I already have. This works great to give a softer look. Just because we want a bold look doesn't mean we have to use harsh lines from an eyebrow pencil. Just brush in the color where you want it. You can even apply a little to get started while getting used to the look. Give it a try!