DIY: Splatter Paint Boots

Thursday, August 16, 2012

DIY splatter paint boots
DIY Splatter paint boots

DIY metallic splatter paint boots

I heard my childhood calling with the current splatter paint trend...so I flung some paint around.  
....Ok, there was a little more intention involved than just flinging paint...a design was in mind.

First off, as always, I picked my colors and pick them wisely. I wanted to keep it more of a high-end adultish feel than the classic splatter paint, so I chose neutral colors, grays and metallic gold. Also I didn't want to cover the whole boot in the mess, that would've been intense (bad intense)...so I tried to keep the paint mainly in the front toe area.

These boots already had amazing textural detail with the weaved top and the studded wrap with buckles...but with the splatter added, it just gives them that extra character I was looking for.

Hmmm...what else can I cleverly fling paint at?