MY CLOSET: Dark Hues with Pops of Color

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Coast To Coast Challenge - Akron OH fashion

BonLook La Marquise Crystal Sand

Nasty Gal Shoe Cult - Leopard Boots - contrast sleeve coat
dark hues with a pop of color - bright lips

NastyGal Shoe Cult Leopard Boots

This look was inspired by the Coast to Coast Challenge from CoastToCoastCentral.com. The challenge was to post a look on Instagram of your outfit containing dark hues and red lips. How fun!...How could I say no? The weekly challenge was birthed out of the desire to connect women, inspire each other to try new things, and to keep up with the latest fashion trends.
Even better, they also have a shop where 50% of the proceeds are going toward building a rescue house for victims of sex trafficking in Quito, Ecuador. Make sure you read their Mission/Vison statement and their Causes page.
I really enjoy how the color pops from this outfit! I normally wear crazy color all over...so I like how this forced me to be more neutral and then play with some bright pops, like these lovely Nasty Gal Shoe Cult leopard boots. I also usually don't wear red lip color but I enjoyed the experiment...I love how it goes with my bold colored sparkly necklace.
Also, I thought my Bon Look glasses would add a punch to the outfit. They are the Crystal Sand La Marquise. They are quite a statement piece but I love how the color just kind of blends in with my skin and hair. They just add that extra layer of cool and really show my personality.

Contrast Sleeve Coat: SheInside  ///  Fringe Purse: from Banyan Tree in Cleveland  ///  Leggings: Zara  ///  Boots: NastyGal Shoe Cult  ///  Glasses: Bon Look, La Marquise  ///  Necklace: Find similar at Bauble Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment