LIFE STYLE: Live Intentionally

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

live less out of habit and more out of intent - typography inspirational


"Live less out of habit and more out of intent." This is where I'm at.
I've been letting this phrase guide me lately...because of that decision, it's been a great year. Daily, I ask myself how I'm applying this to my life and what it truly means to live this out. Other questions include: "how do I want to spend my time?" and, "Am I doing anything of actual value?" Let's be clear, I'm not just talking about life outside of a desk job... I'm talking about lifestyle...your relationships, how you spend each day and who you want to be. You have a choice.
I used to spend a lot of time wishing for more time to do the things I actually wanted to do or cared about doing, when in fact, I just wasn't being intentional about how I used my time each day. My day was based around a desk job I absolutely hated. It wore me out. That job was some decent experience in my field but wasn't necessary in the grand scheme of things. It held no value. I only kept habitually showing up day after day to fund the lifestyle I had created and been taught to have, a typical American lifestyle of having excessive objects and things which led to wanting more and more. In the mean time, I highly enjoyed my design endeavors and community involvement outside of that desk job. Why was that?...because it's based on growth and relationships. I decided those were the things I wanted to pursue because those things have lasting value.
Currently, I can (happily and excitedly) say I'm boldly restructuring my life around living intentionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment