YUMS & NOMS: Pumpkin Muffins

Monday, August 24, 2015

Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
Baking with pumpkin
Fall recipe - pumpkin muffins
Pumpkin muffins with cream cheese drizzle frosting
Pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting
This recipe has been a family favorite for decades. I've ate this for breakfast and snacks since
I was a kid...don't forget the apple juice, of course. Trust me, you won't want to limit devouring
this just to fall time, it's good to make year round. I'm busting this out now to try and prepare myself
for the season change and attempting to bribe myself into even liking fall. We'll see how it works out.
Enjoy!

RECIPE: Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Drizzle Frosting

Pumpkin Muffins

3 Cups sugar                                
1 1/2 teaspoon salt                      
1 teaspoon nutmeg                  
1 teaspoon cloves                        
1 teaspoon cinnamon              
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cup hot water
eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
3 1/3 cups flour
2 cups pumpkin

First, blend sugar, spices and eggs. Next add in pumpkin and oil. In separate bowl, mix flour and baking soda. Gradually blend flour mixture into pumpkin mixture, alternating with water. Mix well.
Pour batter into muffin liners/pan
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-24 minutes till toothpick comes out clean

Cream Cheese Frosting

4 oz cream cheese
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 box powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tablespoon almond milk

Cream sugar and cream cheese together. Add in vanilla and gradually add in powdered sugar. 
The almond milk is to make the frosting a less dense constancy, add to your liking. Mix ingredients well and drizzle onto muffins when they are cool. 
Just to note, I eyeball this recipe. I usually do equal parts of butter & cream cheese. Then I add powdered sugar till it gets to the consistency I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment