DIY: Knotted Shag Scarf - t-shirt upcycle

Saturday, September 22, 2012



It's all about layers, knots and shag right now. I still haven't gotten my hands on a shag jacket yet...so in the mean time, i've been pondering an easy diy to rock this fun trend. This scarf idea came from Eco Shag. I almost bought one of their scarves...but I'd rather save money, experiment and learn for myself. 

I just took an old t-shirt and cut it into strips. The strips got knotted to one another making a long strand that formed an "infinity loop". You can make as many of these loops as you want and at whatever length to form your scarf. Mine is able to be wrapped around 3 times.

I'm pretty excited about it, after all it is a free scarf...but I must say, the Eco Shag scarves are much cuter! I think next time I'll try cutting skinnier strips or using a tee with heavier jersey fabric. 
What do you think?