MY CLOSET: Sixties Streets - Vintage Adele Simpson

Monday, August 12, 2013

1960's vintage dress - Akron Ohio fashion
vintage fashion - 1960's
vintage 1960's midi dress - Adele Simpson
vintage dress - gold embroidery detail
Vintage Adele Simpson Dress. Need I say more? 
 I got this dress from the American Cancer Society Discovery Shop. I always have a great time there. I love the thrill of the hunt AND I love the chats with the women who volunteer there. They love being there and it shows...also they are very knowledgable about all the vintage clothing. I highly recommend donating items to an ACS Discovery Shop and/or regularly shopping there. All proceeds go toward fighting cancer through research, education, advocacy and service. 
Now back to the dress...Gorgeous colors! Gorgeous detail! Look at that gold embroidery! Ugh, instant dress crush. It's a few sizes too big for me but I couldn't pass it up. (soooo many pins are in the back for these pics. haha!) The great thing about vintage clothes is that as long as it's in good condition, it holds it's resale value. It's usually a win/win with vintage, buy a decent priced quality made item, wear it a bit and then you can always resell.
Be sure to check out all the local Ohio Discovery Shop locations!